How to achieve flawless nails?
There is something about beautiful nails that looks and feels elegant. You may be busy, but that doesn’t mean your nails have to be boring. Let’s treat yourself to some manicure magic in the form of a nail art treatment!
Improve your self-esteem with beautiful nail embellishments!
Modern nail art is one of the best ways to improve your self-esteem while you are at work, home, or school. Everyone will make a great comment about the fun embellishments on your toenails or fingernails, and they will want to know where you received your expert manicure or pedicure.
What are you expect when visiting a nail salon nearby?
When you visit a local nail salon (like DV Nails & Spa in Kelowna), the aestheticians can show you an assortment of nail art designs that you can use on each nail. Alternatively, you may want a variety of artwork on different fingernails.
Your nail technician will start by removing any old polish from your nails, before trimming, filing, and shaping them for neatness. For the best results, it is worth noting that technicians prefer your nails to not be too short. You want to have some room to show off your nail art, after all. They will then apply a clear base coat to your nails to protect them from any damage, as well as provide longevity and a strong base for the next layer. Once your base is all dry, the fun begins.
Perhaps your look will be adorned with glitter, contrasting tips, or even jewels or crystals. Whatever your preference, your technician will use intricate techniques to achieve the desired effect. Embellishment can be added to your manicure or pedicure, too, regardless of whether your nails are natural or artificial.
It is possible to choose almost any color of nail polish while having a pedicure or manicure, and you can bring along a garment to match the color of the polish.
Once your nails are dry and looking fabulous, your technician will add a final top layer coat for added protection. You may also be asked to put your nails in a cold bowl of water to help prevent smudging and easy damage. It is quick, hassle-free and in minutes you’ll be good to go.
In case your favorite nail salon is fully booked until the end of the month, you can do a mani-pedi at home in your own time. It feels intimidating but you can do it! Think of it as a little spa experience for your hands rather than a chore.
Give yourself enough time for your at-home mani-pedi.
If your nail technician cannot fit into 30 minutes, neither can you. Enjoy the process of your at-home manicure. Play some music and give yourself at least an hour and a half. Patience is key. Before you start, make sure you have everything you need next to you. Here is the holy list you can follow:
- Nail polish remover and cotton swabs or pads
- Hot soapy water for your feet and hands
- Pumice stone
- Nail clippers
- Emery board and nail buffer
- Cuticle pusher and nippers
- Hand/nail oil
- Q tips
- Base coat
- Nail polish
You know the drill – clean, soak, shape, nurture, massage, paint… Let’s deep dive into each step:
- Clean and soak your hands. Obviously, the first step you should do is to remove your old nail color. Prepare a bowl of warm water, add soap, or if your nails are looking yellowish instead of soap squeeze lemon into it. After a few minutes, wash your hands and if there is any remaining nail polish left, use a cotton swab to remove it.
- Shape. Use a straight clipper if you are going for a square shape of your nails, or a rounded one if you prefer your nails more of an oval shape. A slightly rounded nail shape or square-rounded edge is generally the best way to go but you can be as creative as you want. File your nails to ensure they are in perfect shape before you paint them. Do it in long sweeping motions from side to side. You never want to go back and forth, you will just ruin your nails that way.
- Nurture. Cuticles. Once they are shaped the way you like them, go over the cuticles with some cuticle oil.
- While it’s on, gently pushes them away to make space for nail polishes and nail designs. Be careful NOT to pull, lift, tear, rip, force, or cut into the cuticle in any way. Do NOT clip into the cuticle; merely nip off the free edge with a pair of metal cuticle nippers. It’s better to underdo this step than to overdo it because the cuticle helps protect the nail bed from all sorts of problems.
Let the fun part begin! The final steps to your manicure are:
- Massage your hands.
- Paint. Apply the base coat. That’s the secret to making your manicure long-lasting. It protects the nails and they do not get as yellow as they would do without it. Now, the fun part! Polish time. Go slowly and paint little by little, and leave parts along cuticles showing, to make sure not to paint your cuticles as you will never get it off completely.
Follow our blog https://dvnailsandspakelowna.com/news to get the latest update and useful tips
Most Wanted Services
Check Out Our Previous Work
- Life is more beautiful with adorable nail art - Pandosy St Kelowna, BC V1Y 1W3
- Let us satisfy you with our fantastic services!
DV NAILS & SPA
Perfect Nail salon in Kelowna